What Is An RV Vlogger?
Quick Reference Table of Contents
RV travel videography & RV Vlogging is the art of capturing, documenting, and sharing your RV travel adventures through video updates.
Vlogging is the shortened term for “video blogging” because it combines the style of content found on a conventional article-based blog, but delivers its content in video format, hence the nickname “vlog” or “vlogging.”
The world of RV content creation is as vast as the open road, and it’s a great way to document your travels, connect with other RVers, inspire others to explore this unique way of full-time travel, and generate a mobile income stream.
Why is RV Vlogging Becoming Increasingly Popular?
Travel videography is booming because it offers a unique window into the captivating world of the RV lifestyle. Which allows bloggers to create content that is not just educational but inspirationally entertaining.
Because vloggers can use their cameras to capture the beauty and excitement of remote travel destinations.
While also using their digital accomplices to offer real-time insights into the art of RV maintenance, by sharing practical tips and tricks for RV repair.
This allows RV Vloggers to create entertaining content along with crafting their own DIY RV guides. To establish themselves as trusted RV travelers within the thriving RV community.
Allowing RV vloggers to monetize their content through new technology as well as share their journey, passion, and knowledge with others who share the same enthusiasm for the RV lifestyle.
Phenomenal Photography Masterclass
How To Get Started As A Successful RV Vlogger
Essential Gear For RV Travel Videography & Vlogging:
Creating cinematic wonders on the open road demands the right tools, and here’s a glimpse of what you need to get started.
Camera: A high-quality camera is the backbone of your videography gear. Consider using a DSLR or mirrorless camera for crisp, clear footage with manual controls. These cameras allow you to adjust settings like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO, giving you creative control over your shots.
Your camera isn’t just a device; it’s your time machine, capable of capturing moments and turning them into treasured memories. It’s your pen for crafting visual poetry, and Sony just reinvented the possibilities with their new global shutter camera.
Sony A9 Global Shutter Camera
AI Processing Unit
Tripod: This is your silent partner in capturing your cinematic vision. Think of it as your steady hand in a motion-filled world.
A tripod ensures your shots are stable and smooth, a vital element, especially when capturing low-light scenes or using telephoto lenses. A stable tripod is essential for steady shots, time-lapses, and self-shooting. Look for a durable, lightweight tripod thats easy to transport.
My Favorite Vlogging Tripod
Compact & Versatile
Drone: Drones open up a whole new dimension for your videos. They’re your guardian angel that literally lifts your storytelling to new heights.
With it, you can capture breathtaking aerial views of the landscapes you explore. They provide stunning aerial views of your RV adventures, but make sure your drone is equipped with a good camera, GPS capabilities, and obstacle avoidance for safety.
Long Battery Life
Microphone: Clear audio is just as important as sharp visuals because good sound is the heartbeat of your narrative.
An external microphone ensures your audio is as pristine as your visuals, so don’t rely on built-in camera microphones, as they may falter in noisy environments.
Do yourself a favor, and invest in an external microphone for high-quality sound. Shotgun and lapel microphones are popular choices great for reducing background noise.
Wireless Vlogging Mic
Lighting Equipment: Although natural light is great, having some basic lighting equipment can make a world of difference, especially when you’re shooting indoors or in low-light conditions.
With a simple lighting kit, you gain the power to sculpt your shots with light, turning everyday scenes into cinematic masterpieces.
Lighting plays a pivotal role in setting the mood and tone of your videos, effectively allowing you to craft those visual narratives required to create engaging RV travel vlogs..
Consider portable LED lights or reflectors to control your lighting conditions.
My Favorite Vlogging Lighting Kit
Over 100 Color Filters
Basic Editing Techniques For Creating Stunny RV Videography:
Let’s dive into the basics of video editing. You’ll discover how to trim, cut, add cool transitions, and adjust the sound in your videos. It’s the key to making your vlogs look awesome and keeping your viewers engaged!
Don’t worry if it seems a bit overwhelming at first. With practice, you’ll become a pro vlogger in no time. Just take it one step at a time and have fun!
Core Tips For Planning and Shooting Your RV Travel Videos or Vlogs:
- Plan Your Shots: Create a shot list to organize your video ideas. Consider the composition, framing, and lighting for each shot in advance.
- Be Flexible: Adapt to changing weather and lighting conditions. Sometimes, the best shots happen when you least expect them.
- Capture the Details: Include close-up shots of people, places, and objects to add depth and personality to your videos.
- Tell a Story: Plan your video with a narrative in mind. Structure your footage to engage and guide viewers through your RV adventures.
Unlocking the secrets to crafting mesmerizing RV vlogs begins with incorporating various techniques within your videos to capture the details and tell your visual stories.
- Time-lapse and Hyperlapse: Imagine time as a river, and you’re the “damkeeper” who can manipulate its flow. Mastering the manipulation of time allows you to capture the beauty of moments, compress hours into seconds, and unveil the hidden stories of the world around you for your viewer’s entertainment.
- Cinematic Movement: Your camera is your paintbrush, and cinematic movements are your strokes. Incorporating pans, tilts, and dollies will infuse polished professionalism into your videos, but will also become your accomplice in guiding your audience through a world of emotions.
- Storyboard Your Dreams: Before you begin any video shooting, sketch out your storylines. Because a storyboard is your roadmap to capturing your adventures one frame at a time.
- Capture the Details: As you begin your RV travel videography journey, don’t forget the delicate threads that make each moment unique. Close-ups of wildflowers, the twinkle in someone’s eye, and the texture of a handcrafted souvenir add depth and character to your narrative.
These are the shots that your audience will connect with, and make them want to not only be a part of your community, but support it as well.
- Craft a Compelling Narrative: Editing is where the true magic occurs. Your footage becomes the notes in a symphony, and you, the conductor, weave them into a compelling narrative. Your mastery of pacing, rhythm, and transitions keeps your audience spellbound.
*** Pro Tip *** A picture may be worth a thousand words, but combined with the right music creates a captivating auditory & emotional visionary portal.
- Color Grade and Correct Your Footage: In the world of post-production, you’re the painter and alchemist. Color grading sets the mood and tone, while correction ensures your visuals are polished to perfection. It’s here that your artistry shines, creating a lasting impression on your audience.
Spectacular Photography Course
From Basic to Advanced Techniques
One Click Lightroom Presets
Private FB Support Group
Practical Tips for Aspiring RV Videographers
Here are a few more nuggets of wisdom to inspire your RV videography journey:
Begin Early: The early bird captures the worm, and in your case, the early filmer captures the golden moments. Start filming as soon as you hit the road to amass a wealth of footage for your masterpiece.
Diversify Your Shots: Variety is the spice of cinematic life. Capture not only sweeping landscapes but also the intricacies of life on the road. Close-ups of curious critters, conversations with kindred spirits, and stolen moments of serenity – they all add depth to your story.
Embrace Creativity: There are no boundaries in the world of RV videography. Experiment with angles, movements, and editing techniques. Be a fearless creator, and let your heart and imagination guide your work.
Share Your Art: After crafting your cinematic treasure, share it with the world. Platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and various social media channels are your canvases. Use this powerful social media management tool to make your life easier.
More Tips For Creating Thriving RV Travel Vlogs:
- Be Yourself: Authenticity is key to connecting with your audience. You want to be genuine and let your unique personality shine through in your videos and various other content. Viewers connect with real people, not personas.
- Be Consistent: Upload new videos on a regular schedule. Consistency helps retain your audience and attract new viewers.
- Interact with Your Audience: Engage with your viewers by responding to comments, questions, and feedback. Building a community around your content fosters loyalty and growth.
- Have Fun: Enjoy the process. If you have fun creating your videos, it will translate into your content, making it more enjoyable for your audience.
Gear Tips For Creating Professional RV Travel Vlogs:
Shutter Speed: Adjust the shutter speed to control motion blur. Faster shutter speeds work well for action shots, while slower speeds create a sense of motion.
Aperture: Control the depth of field by changing the aperture. A lower f-stop (e.g., f/2.8) results in a blurry background, while a higher f-stop (e.g., f/16) keeps more in focus.
ISO: Tweak the ISO for different lighting conditions. Lower ISO values (e.g., 100) work for bright daylight, while higher ISO values (e.g., 800 or above) help in low light.
Vlog Lighting Choices:
Natural Light: Make the most of natural light by shooting during the golden hours (early morning or late afternoon) for soft, warm light.
Artificial Light: Use portable LED lights or reflectors to fill in shadows and enhance the subject’s visibility in challenging lighting conditions.
Travel Videography Composition Shooting Guidelines:
Rule of Thirds: Divide your frame into a 3×3 grid and position your subject along the lines or at the intersections for a balanced composition.
Leading Lines: Use natural or man-made lines to guide the viewer’s eye through the frame, adding depth and visual interest.
Depth of Field: Experiment with depth of field to create a sense of dimension in your shots. Focus on the foreground, mid-ground, or background to emphasize specific elements.
RV Vlog Editing Software:
Video Editing Software: Choose video editing software that matches your skill level and needs. Programs like Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Wondershare ,and iMovie offer a range of features for video editing.
Choosing the right online video editor tool is essential, especially if you’re just starting your vlogging journey. What you want to look for are tools that are easy to use, come with helpful tutorials, and have lots of cool templates.
They both make it a breeze for beginners like you to learn the ropes and create awesome videos. Wondershare is a focused and powerful robust video editing software that offers a one time fee option versus the expensive subscription alternatives.
Also, it’s a good idea to find platforms with all the cool editing features, like adding text, transitions, and effects. This way, you can make your videos look super professional, even if you’re just getting started.
This is why I recommend Wondershare Because not only does it have all the essential features you need, but it also has an insanely powerful AI host of features to help you make highly captivating and polished videos in seconds.
As good as Wondershare is every software needs an accomplice, and Canva picks up where Wondershare falls short. Canva is your one-stop shop for all your graphical needs!!! Choose from thousands of templates that get added to daily. Add music, text, or even photos on top of your videos, stills, or templates. Change anything at the click of a button, and there isn’t a better social media tool on the internet. The best thing about Canva is its free version is more powerful than any of its paid competition versions.
Vlogging For A Living
How to monetize your RV travel videos and vlogs:
- Advertising: Monetize your videos by enabling ads to earn revenue based on ad views, clicks, and engagement. The easiest option to explore for ad revenue is Google Adsense, and the highest paying option is Mediavine. Cut your long videos down into shorts to make even more money by repurpsing them into reels on Facebook, TikTok, or Instagram.
- Sponsorships: Partner with brands and businesses relevant to your niche. They may pay you to promote their products or services. Once you have strong engagement numbers this will become a profitable revenue stream.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products or services in your videos and earn a commission on sales generated through your unique affiliate links. There are tons of platforms you can choose from like Commission Junction Sharasale, Amazon Associates, Pepperjam etc etc. However, the best platform for outdoor partnerships is Avantlink.com
Building an audience on YouTube and other platforms:
Building an audience for your RV travel YouTube channel can be an exciting journey.
Seven tips to grow your YouTube RV Travel Channel:
- Consistent Upload Schedule: Stick to a regular upload schedule, whether it’s once a week or more. This helps your audience know when to expect new content.
- High-Quality Videos: Invest in good equipment for clear visuals and audio. High-quality videos are more likely to attract and retain viewers.
- Engaging Content: Create content that’s not only informative but also engaging and entertaining. Share your RV adventures, travel tips, and personal experiences to connect with your audience.
- Optimize for Search: Use relevant keywords in your video titles, descriptions, and tags to improve search engine visibility. Research popular RV travel topics to target.
- Engage with Your Audience: Respond to comments, ask for feedback, and interact with your viewers on social media. Building a community around your channel is essential.
- Collaborations and Cross-Promotion: Collaborate with other RV travel YouTubers or vloggers in the same RV niche. This can help you tap into their audience and gain new subscribers.
- Promote Your Videos: Share your content on other social media platforms to collaborate with fellow RVers, and consider running ads to promote your videos to a broader audience.
Remember that growing your YouTube channel takes time and patience, so stay persistent and passionate about your content, and your audience will grow over time.
I highly recommend using this social media management tool because it lets you include your entire brand across all the social media platforms for free. It also has extensive tracking analytics you don’t get from some of the other paid options.
Final Advice For Aspiring RV Travel Videographers & Vloggers:
Don’t Be Afraid to Start Small: You don’t need the most expensive equipment to create engaging videos. Focus on your storytelling skills and gradually upgrade your gear.
A prime example of this is, www.kombilife.com. Ben started this channel asking fellow travelers to use their smartphones to record his adventures, and then email him the video to edit later. He’s now driving around the world and producing videos for over 500,000 audience members!!
Be Patient: Building a successful channel takes time. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t see immediate results. Keep learning and improving.
Have Fun: RV travel videography and vlogging should be an enjoyable journey. Embrace your passion for travel and share it with the world.
Invest In Yourself: Technology is in a constant state of evolution. Social media platforms continuously evolve. New techniques are perpetually emerging. To maintain a successful vlogging career, it’s crucial to remain committed to your ongoing education.
Spectacular Photography Course
From Basic to Advanced Techniques
One Click Lightroom Presets
Private FB Support Group
So stay updated on the latest techniques and social media trends by enrolling in current courses. You can explore numerous options on platforms like Udemy, or access a vast library of courses through monthly subscriptions on platforms like Skillshare or Coursera.
Embrace The Journey of Becoming A Vlogger!
However you choose to go about it don’t be deterred. Don’t let the hurdles become obstacles. Transform adversity into ambition. Let your light shine. Take center stage, and learn learn learn! There is so much information on the internet today, don’t let your competition experience the success you dream of!
I hope you found this helpful, and will begin a long prosperous journey as a successful RV Travel Videographer. Let me know what you think in the comments below, or share to your social media to help others along their vlogging career. Email me at [email protected] with any questions you may have